Michael Graves joins Strongpoint after leading the “Partnering In Prevention” program at The Redwoods Group Foundation, a national initiative aimed at preventing the sexual abuse of children through education and public policy initiatives. In this work Graves built collaborative strategies in 245 communities in 24 states and helped train more than 90,000 community leaders in prevention techniques. Earlier, Graves was president & chief executive officer of YMCA of Delaware for 26 years, during which time the organization grew from $6 million to $37 million in revenue, serving one-in-four families statewide. Among other achievements at the YMCA of Delaware, Graves led efforts to generate $84 million in capital acquisitions and improvements. At Strongpoint, Graves will serve clients on a range of issues, from strategic marketing initiatives to fundraising strategies, public policy programming and leadership training.
- Collective Impact Forum, member
- Darkness to Light, Board of Directors, treasurer 2013-2015
- National President 1994-1996, 5,000 member, 36 chapters, Association of Professional YMCA Directors (AYP), National Chairman Emergency Assistance Fund Campaign 2012
- Springfield College, past National Chairman YMCA fund, Wilmington School of Human Services site development
- Adjunct Professor, graduate and undergraduate ethics, finance Springfield College School of Human Services, 1995-97
- YMCA of the USA Aquatic Safety Taskforce, key influencer to reduce drowning deaths from 10 to zero per year.
- Delaware delegation leader Presidential Summit on Voluntarism, Philadelphia, 1997
- Child Inc. Board of Directors, 2009 – 2012, Secretary
- School Board – Kennett Consolidated School District, 1992 – 1999, president
- Wilmington Rotary –President 2012
- Metropolitan Wilmington Urban League – Founding Sponsor Committee 1998-99
He holds a B.S. from Springfield College and an MBA from the University of New Haven.
Mike is a bluegrass music fan and plays Scruggs style five string banjo.